What factors to consider when buying a mattress for couples?
The top features to look for when purchasing a mattress for couples would be the following:
When two people are sharing a bed, it has to double-up its support to ensure a good sleep to both the sleepers. When buying a good mattress that is two to be used by a couple, make sure it is firm and provides support to your neck, shoulders, and hips. You do not want to wake up with pain in your joints and your back after a night spent with the person you love.
- Mattress motion isolation
The next feature that becomes crucial when buying a mattress for couples is its ability to isolate motion. When two people sleep together, and if one person tends to move a lot, it can be hell for the other sleeper, unless the mattress is optimally constructed to separate the motion. This mattress will prevent the waves from reaching the other sleeper and jostle him or her out of sleep. Zero disturbance sleep is what you should be seeking when buying a mattress for you and your partner.
- The size
The other factor to look out for is the mattress size. While many go for a Queen-sized mattress, we would suggest investing in a King-sized one to actually experience the luxury of sleep with the person you love. This mattress size allows you to cuddle up and have enough room for yourself at the same time. The moods of love change, and so your mattress should be ready to take care of you through all the seasons of the heart.
- Temperature neutrality
While a memory foam mattress is the best mattress for couples because of a number of reasons, such as body shape adaptation, body weight distribution, and proper support and comfort, you need to make sure that the brand has not missed out on including a temperature control technology. You do not want to snuggle up with your partner and then feel claustrophobic because of the heat trapped by the mattress. A gel memory foam, a memory foam mattress with open cell structure, a memory foam mattress with heavy quilting, a memory foam mattress with cooling crystals, are some popular examples.
We have covered the factors that you should not miss out on when purchasing a mattress for couples. Let us now at some of the best ones available online that you can buy immediately!
Best mattress 2020: A list for couples
- Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
The reason that Wakefit’s Ortho mattress is such a sleeper-friendly mattress is plenty. A few of these factors include,
- Terrific body contouring feature
- Zero disturbance sleep due to phenomenal motion separation
- Natural spinal alignment ensuring no postural defects in the future
- Memory foam with open cell structure for temperature control
- Breathable fabric for outer cover
- No pressure points in the shoulders, neck, and hips
- Does not aggravate back pain
- A washable outer cover
- 10 years manufacturer’s warranty
- Duroflex Balance
Next up on our list of mattresses for couples is Duroflex Balance with its five-zoned ortho memory foam mattress. Its features include:
- Five zoned support layer
- Optimal memory foam construction offering motion isolation
- Firm in its support
- Long lasting
- Temperature neutrality and breathability
- Rebonded foam and ortho memory foam
- 7 years warranty by manufacturer
- Emma Original Memory Foam Mattress
The next mattress that you can consider when buying one for you and your partner is the memory foam sleep solution by Emma. Its top features include the following:
- Natural spinal alignment
- Claims to offer back pain relief
- Vegan, organic, and not harmful to your or your partner’s skin
- Airgocell open cell structure for heat ventilation
- Negates motion transfer and offers zero disturbance sleep
- Breathable upper layer
- Visco-elastic and good bounce
- 20 years warranty (but hard to maintain)
- Sleepycat Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The last one on today’s list is Sleepycat’s Gel Memory Foam Mattress. The highlights of this product are:
- Cooling crystals for temperature control
- Breathable inner cover and detachable outer cover
- High-density foam for good body support
- Therapeutic for back health
Do you own any of these sleep products? How has your experience been so far? Let us know in the comments.