When it comes to choosing the best mattress for sleep, you might be confused, given the wide range of options available to you. This is an important decision as it affects the quality of your sleep. If you don’t get the right amount and quality of sleep, you are at risk for various health problems.
We will discuss two different types of mattresses, bonded foam and coir, to find out which one meets your needs.
What Are Coir Mattresses
Before you decide which is the best mattress for sleep as far as you are concerned, let us tell you what a coir foam mattress actually is.
The most important material in a coir foam mattress is coconut coir. All coir mattresses have a polyurethane foam layer on top, as sleeping on coir would not be comfortable. Cotton is used for covering and stitching the mattress.
Types of Coir Mattress:
There are two types of coir mattresses, hybrid and rubberized, and the one that is popularly used is a hybrid coir mattress.
Coir is the main component in a hybrid coir mattress, and the secondary component is polyurethane foam.
Coir mattresses are firm and not bouncy.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Coir Mattresses
Here are the advantages of coir mattresses:
- If you need to stay cool in summer, then a coir foam mattress would be a better choice as they have natural ventilation and good air circulation
The disadvantages of coir mattresses are:
- Coir foam mattresses don’t last long and need to be replaced after a few years
- They tend to sag, and the surface of the mattress becomes uneven. This leads to back problems
- Due to the uneven surface, your spine alignment is affected resulting in aches in different parts of the body
- They don’t adjust to the shape of your body
- Water damages your coir foam mattress
What Are Bonded Foam Mattresses:
A bonded foam mattress uses scraps from polyurethane foam, which are bonded with an adhesive.
Types of Bonded Foam Mattress:
Here are the different types of bonded foam mattresses:
- Bonded foam mattress: This type of foam mattress uses a scrap of polyurethane foam. Chemicals are used under high pressure for bonding these polyurethane foam scraps, which makes them hard. The first layer in such mattresses is polyurethane foam, and the second is bonded foam. The bonded foam decides the comfort of the mattress.
- Rebonded foam mattress: This type of mattress uses a similar type of foam used in carpets. This is pressed foam of multiple colours. Leftovers from different categories of foam in a shredded form are used in a Rebonded foam mattress, after curing them and then binding them together with a binder like adhesive or glue.
A Rebonded foam mattress gives you the same effect as a spring mattress. Your sleep won’t be disturbed due to problems with bacteria, dust mites or fungus. You will get different degrees of firmness and choose the one which suits you the most.
You will get the extra support you need while you sleep in case of a Rebonded foam mattress and feel completely relaxed. These mattresses lead to the right body posture when sleeping, and the chances of body aches are much lesser.
Advantages and disadvantages of bonded foam mattresses:
- Bonded foam mattresses come with different levels of firmness and adjust to the curves of your body. When your body posture is perfect, you sleep better. If you are looking for a bouncy and firm mattress, bonded foam mattresses are a better choice.
- The chances of sagging in a bonded foam mattress are much lower
- These mattresses have a long life and are of high quality
- As this mattress provides the right kind of support for your spine, it is one of the best mattresses for sleep. Your lower back gets a lot of support.
- It is washable, light in weight and comfortable
- A bonded foam mattress does not provide support to your joints
- As the primary material for bonded foam mattresses is PUF, a carbon compound, you will have health problems if you have an allergy to carbon compounds
What should I choose: bonded foam or coir?
Bonded foam mattresses give your spine the rest it needs, which makes them the best mattresses for sleep. The bonded foam mattresses are also the best bed to treat the back pain as there is no sagging in the middle of the mattress, your body gets the right kind of support, and your spine retains its natural shape. There is less tension in your muscles, as well as neck and shoulders, are also supported by bonded foam mattresses.
A coir foam mattress is harder compared to a bonded foam mattress, and you are likely to have back problems if you use it.
What Are the Best Rated Mattresses in India
If you are looking for the Best Rated Mattress in India, there are lots of options to choose from.
Emma Original is an imported brand that reduces body aches and pains with HRX foam layers. Airgocell technology ensures the best temperature control. Motion transfers are smooth.
Wakefit gives you a 10-year manufacturing warranty. This orthopedic foam mattress is perfect for ensuring quality sleep. Premium cotton fabric gives the mattress adequate protection. It provides excellent neck and back support.
Now that you know all about these mattresses choose wisely and sleep well!!